Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Crow and David School Colleges on Global Warming


Sheryl Crow and Laurie David kicked off their “Stop Global Warming” college tour right here at SMU. It was an unseasonably chilly and windy day for Dallas, setting the perfect background to drive home the harmful effects global warming is having on our planet.

Singer Sheryl Crow and Laurie David, the producer of “An Inconvenient Truth” were accompanied by the Dallas, Austin and Arlington City Mayors. Together they acknowledged that Texas is the number one emitter of carbon dioxide in the country, yet Gov. Perry continually chooses to ignore the problem.

The tour ends April 22 - Earth Day - at George Washington University in Washington D.C. but not before making 11 stops along the way. Crow and David are touring in biodiesel-fueled bus.

Here's a quote from People.com about Crow's visit to SMU.

The magazine asked what she's doing personally to reduce pollution and energy consumption.

"I try to wash my clothes in cold water as much as I can," she said. "I turn off lights in rooms that I'm not using. I drive a hybrid. I'm getting solar panels for my house."

You too can help the crusade by joining the virtual march online at http://www.stopglobalwarming.org/. So far, 700,000 people have already signed up and the list is still growing strong.

And by the way, I think the fact that the tour kicks off at SMU where President Bush wants to put his Presidential Library demonstrates these two women are not only passionate and committed, but that they have a great sense of humor.

No comments: